Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Learn From The Mistakes Of Others

This week we talked about divorce, and coming from a family where there have been multiple divorces, most of the things that we talked about seem familiar to me. My mom's parents were divorced and remarried. My parents were divorced a few years ago. The divorce that my parents went through wasnt like the typical divorce where a couple fights and isn't willing to work things out. My father got in a lot of trouble with the law and my mom was actually counseled to divorce him because of the circumstances. I know it has been said that those who come from divoreced families have a greater chance of being divorced themselves, but I want to be different. I know that marriage is hard work and that there will be problems, but I feel like i have the knowledge and resources to work through the issues that arise during marriage. It has been a huge benefit to attend counseling as a family and there have been so many things that I have learned in my Family Relations class that help me feel like I have a head start.

Even though it has been hard on our family with the absence of a father and husband in our life, it has been good to grow closer together now. We have been able to adjust out family system, and each day we are learning new ways to improve our situation. We have had a first-hand example of things that we should and should do that we can learn from for the future. It is so important to watch and learn from those before you. Follow the good and change the undesirable.

No comments:

Post a Comment