Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stress Doesn't Have To Be A Mess

While talking about Stress and Family Crisis, it is important to define the following terms.
Stress: a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances
Stressor: whatever is causing stress
Crisis: a time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger

We all experience times in our life where we feel stressed. There are many different types of stressors like

  • The loss of a job
  • Divorce
  • Loss of a loved one
  • Illness
  • Drugs
  • Wayward family members
  • Finances
  • Natural Disasters
  • Etc.
These stressors cause crises and can take a toll on a family. I have learned that even though these stressors are hard to deal with and can take time to understand and heal from, they are the greatest lessons to learn from. I love the quote by Leon Brown that says, "You may suffer many defeats in this life, but you will not be defeated. You will rise after each trial stronger and wiser." 
When we realize that there will be stress in life and that we can make it through hard times, we are more likely to deal with hard times in a healthy way. There are many different ways of respondeing to hard times, but it all depends on your attitude. One of the biggest stressors in my life was the loss of my father. I reacted differently than other family members and it has been a blessing to see how much I learned. Instead of being down on myself and staying in that mentality, I looked forward to making life better and doing what I could for it to be that way. It was a hard time and still is sometimes, but I have grown more than I thought was ever possible. 
When we have the Lord on our side, we will be able to make it through any of the stress or crises that come our way!



No comments:

Post a Comment